About the Event
We believe that riding our bikes [or walking], can change the world.
The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly cycling and walking fundraising event that helps you support charities who provide refuge and hope for some of the most vulnerable people on earth.
Your participation in the RIDE is a way to stand up for those whose lives are deeply and often permanently affected by forces and events they can’t control, or who are exploited by the greedy and powerful who care nothing for human suffering.
The 2018 Ride for Refuge will be held on Saturday, September 29, 2018 and provides each participant the chance to:
- Fundraise for a participating RIDE charity partner
Remember - you need to be on a team riding for the charity you love for your fundraising to flow to them! Team Captains are responsible for selecting the charity when they start their team.
- Kids 10 and under: Absolutely free to participate (but you'll have to fundraise $75 to earn your t-shirt).
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise $75 or more to earn your t-shirt and avoid paying the registration fee of $25.
- Adults 18 and over: Fundraise $150 or more to earn your t-shirt and avoid paying the registration fee of $25.
- Note: The registration fee will increase to $40 on Monday, September 24th.
Routes & Distances
- Cycling Routes - cyclists can select 10km, 25km or 50km distances when registering. Many locations may require you to loop the 25km route twice to complete your 50km. NOTE: not all routes are exact distances. Local requirements may result in shorter distances based on available routes and permits.
- Walking Routes - we also offer a 5km walking route at each RIDE site. About 25% of our participants select this option.
- Fun and Safety - our locations work hard to offer child-friendly routes that are well-staffed with friendly volunteers. Along the route, riders and walkers enjoy rest stops and support vehicles. After the event, lunch is served for all volunteers and participants.