About the Event
We believe that riding our bikes (or walking) can change the world.
The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly cycling and walking fundraising event that helps you support charities who provide refuge and hope for some of the most vulnerable people on earth.
Your participation in the RIDE is a way to stand up for those whose lives are deeply and often permanently affected by forces and events they can’t control, or who are exploited by the greedy and powerful who care nothing for human suffering.
The 2020 Ride for Refuge will be held on Saturday, October 3, 2020 and provides each participant the chance to:
- Fundraise for a participating RIDE charity partner
Yes! The RIDE has featured a virtual option for many years actually - we call it Ride Anywhere. This year we're also adding some enhanced virtual options for fundraisers who'd rather prefer to participate doing something other than cycling or walking.
Remember: You need to be on a team supporting the charity you love for your fundraising to flow to them! Team Captains are responsible for selecting the charity when they start their team.
- Kids 10 and under: Absolutely free to participate (but you'll have to fundraise $75 to earn your t-shirt).
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise $75 or more to earn your t-shirt and avoid paying the registration fee.
- Adults 18 and over: Fundraise $150 or more to earn your t-shirt and avoid paying the $25 registration fee.
Routes & Distances
- Cycling Routes: Cyclists can select 10 km, 25 km, or 50 km distances when registering. Many locations may require you to loop the 2 5km route twice to complete your 50 km. Distances are approximate - local requirements may result in shorter distances based on available routes and permits.
- Walking Routes: We also offer a 5 km walking route at each RIDE location. About 25% of our participants select this option.
- Fun and Safety: Our locations work hard to offer child-friendly routes that are well-staffed with friendly volunteers. Along the route, riders and walkers enjoy rest stops and support vehicles. After the event, lunch is served for all volunteers and participants.