About Our Cause
Passion for People
The Ride for Refuge is a day when Canadians declare their solidarity with millions of people in Canada and around the world who are displaced, exploited, persecuted and abused.
- We ride or walk together to call attention to those whose lives have been stripped bare by pain - from life, hatred, greed or disaster.
- We speak up for those treated as raw materials for others’ financial gain.
- We defend those crushed by forces that care nothing for their suffering.
- And together, we raise funds for RIDE-approved organizations whose commitment and work transforms peoples’ lives.
- Every push of the pedal and every stride we take powers the future for those who otherwise have no safe place and no one to defend them.
Who We Support
Our RIDE Partner charities serve:
- Refugee claimants and sponsored refugees, and people displaced within their own countries
- Migrant workers and families trying to find a better life
- Indigenous and First Nations: People struggling with the impact of history
- Widows and orphans: Women and men alone in extremely vulnerable situations, abandoned and disadvantaged children, including street-oriented children and youth
- Homeless: People without homes, both urban and rural
- The Abused: People of any age crushed by chronic abuse
- Human Trafficking: Children, youth, and adults trafficked for profit, or enslaved as commodities for sex and pornography, or brutal unpaid work in factories, mines, and construction
- Relief & Aid: Direct aid for catastrophe, war, and oppression
- Development & Reconstruction: Direct or third-party NGO support for development and reconstruction initiatives, including micro-finance and sustainable funding
- Food & Water: Programs supporting nutrition, food banks, missions and accessible water
- Shelter & Housing: Any shelter, whether temporary, permanent, or expansion
- Medical & Dental: Treatment and follow-up care, including HIV clinics, pediatrics, pain management, and all necessary supplies
- Education & Tuition: Job skills, trades, ESL, career, tuition support, and Biblical curriculum and training
- Settlement & Acclimatization: New arrival support, training and financial aid
- Counsel & Legal: Spiritual counselling, development, discipleship, care for post-traumatic stress syndrome, and immigration and refugee claim legal counsel