Creating a meaningful, memorable, and well-managed event day is important.
For teams in the same town, you have the opportunity to gather together in covid-friendly groups. You could gather to start and then scatter to your activities. You could host a coffee-and-sweets breakfast, or wind it all up with a burgers-and-bubbles BBQ. You have the freedom to make your event day special, so have fun thinking about what that will look like!
A few key pointers:
- Route planning: If walking, hiking, or cycling, your responsibility is to plan a route that's safe and matches the skill level and physical limitations of your team.
- Watch for waivers: Everyone on your team must register online before event day.
- When they register online, they will automatically accept an electronic waiver, which is all that is needed for adults.
- If you have youth or children on your team, they will need to have their parent or guardian sign a printed paper waiver.
- Safety: If your team is outside on event day, keep a close eye on their plans, whereabouts, and safety. Youth and children should always be supervised. Remind your team that in case of any accident or injury, they should immediately call 911 for emergency support. If an accident does occur, please contact the RIDE Head Office by phone or email.
- Virtual Teams: Video calling or teleconferencing before sending everyone out is a great idea - even if you're apart, you can still make it fun!