Creating a meaningful, memorable, and well-managed event day is important.
For teams in the same town, you have the opportunity to gather together in covid-friendly groups. You could gather to start and then scatter to your activities. You could host a coffee-and-sweets breakfast, or wind it all up with a burgers-and-bubbles BBQ. You have the freedom to make your event day special, so have fun thinking about what that will look like!
If your team is outside on Event Day, keep a close eye on their plans, whereabouts, and safety.
- Youth and children should always be supervised.
- Remind your team that in case of any accident or injury, they should immediately call 911 for emergency support.
- If an accident does occur, please contact the RIDE Head Office by phone or email.
- All captains are expected to be aware of and respect all Covid-related health and safety guidelines for their area, including but not limited to exercising social distancing protocols and wearing masks as required.
If walking, hiking, or cycling, your responsibility is to plan a route that's safe and matches the skill level and physical limitations of your team.
- Credit Card: The Best Option! Simple, secure, automatically tax receipted for gifts of $20+. Visit the Donate page, share your personal page link, or have your donor call the RIDE Head Office.
- Cheques: The Old Faithful - made out to “Ride for Refuge” with your name on the Memo line. Mail them to the RIDE Head Office along with your completed pledge sheet.
- Cash: You have 2 options:
- 1. Login to FundHub, click “Enter $$ and Cheques,” create pledges for your cash donations, pay them off with your personal credit card, and keep the cash. OR...
- 2. Write a cheque (made out to “Ride for Refuge”) for the total amount of cash you’ve collected. Mail it to the RIDE Head Office with your completed pledge sheet.
Watch for Waivers
Everyone on your team must register online before event day.
- When they register online, they will automatically accept an electronic waiver, which is all that is needed for adults.
- If you have youth or children on your team, they will need to have their parent or guardian sign a printed paper waiver.
Video calling or teleconferencing before sending everyone out is a great idea - even if you're apart, you can still make it fun!