Event Day Details
Save the date - RIDE Day is September 29, 2018!
Ride or walk with us on September 29, 2018 in the Regina Ride for Refuge, generously hosted and operated by Oxford House Regina.
Gateway Christian Fellowship Church
1812 Arthur Street
Here's the schedule for the RIDE:
- 8:45am - Opening Ceremonies
- 9am - SEND-OFF (all distances)
- 10am - Registration closes
- 10am - Lunch service begins
- There will be snacks at rest stops, and lunch will be available for participants when they return from their ride or walk.
- We are not able to accommodate for food sensitivities/allergies. If you have a dietary restriction, bring along some extra food/snacks.
- All riders, walkers, and volunteers must:
- wear their event wristband once registered
- Participants aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver or bring in a pre-signed waiver form. Download waiver form under the "Tools" section of our website.
- Children 10 and under: Free
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise minimum $75 (and earn the RIDE t-shirt) or pay reg fee
- Adults 18+: Fundraise minimum $150 (and earn the RIDE t-shirt) or pay reg fee
- The average online donation for the RIDE is $68, so it's a reachable goal!
- RIDE T-shirts are available on event day while supplies last and are available in sizes youth S to adult 3XL.
For those who choose to pay the non-refundable registration fee, the early bird cost of $25 applies until Monday, Sep 24th when it bumps to $40.
MONEY & CHEQUES:
- Log into your personal fundraising page and post all cash and cheque donations online.
- Bring all cash/cheques to check-in on event day.
- Print off the MY RESULTS FORM to bring with you.
- If you haven't posted your cash & cheque donations online please ensure that you've carefully and neatly written in all your donor information onto a paper Donation Form to ensure proper receipting and partner allocation. Find these on our "Tools" page. Full
donor names and mailing addresses are needed to issue charitable tax receipts.
- Please ensure all cheques are signed, made payable to Ride for Refuge and are current dated.
Route Options Include
Scroll down to view or print route maps!
- Rest stops will be available on all distances.
- All riders 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Joggers are permitted on the walk route but must head to the front of the group.
What to Bring
- a passion for the charity you're riding or walking for
- a helmet (mandatory for all riders)
- your bike (or walking shoes)
- warm layers with moisture repelling clothing if cold or windy
- water bottle - filled with icy cold water
- your My Results Form - downloaded from the fundraising portal
- a signed copy of your Waiver Form for those 17 or under with parent/guardian signature
- any cash or cheques (made out to "Ride for Refuge")
- a cell phone for emergencies - recommended but not required
- extra food or snacks if you have allergies or food sensitivities
Late September can be cool, with rain and wind. The weather might also be gorgeous and sunny. Be sure to keep your eye on the forecast.