Event Day Details
Save the date - RIDE Day is October 1, 2022!
- 3:00 pm: Meet Check-in opens
- 4:00 pm: Move Opening remarks + send-off
- 5:00 pm: Munch Light meal served
- All participants will check-in personally at the event on Saturday, October 1, 2022.
- T-shirts! Fundraising participants who raise $150+ (or $75+ for those under 18) will receive a RIDE shirt as a thank you on Event Day, while supplies last.
- There is no registration fee to participate in the Ride for Refuge, but most participants raise $250-300 or more in support of their charity.
- No money or cheques will be processed at check-in.
Have questions? Visit the FAQ section!
All participants should register online and accept the electronic waiver.
- Adults: When you register online, you will automatically accept an electronic waiver, which is all that is needed for adults.
- Youth/Children: If you have youth or children on your team, they will need to have their parent or guardian sign a printed paper waiver.
- Waivers will be available at check-in on Event Day.
- Route Distances: We have great routes where you can walk 2.5 or 5 km or bike 10 or 20 km.
- Rest Stops: There will be one rest stop on each route with yummy snacks and drinks.
- Signage: Routes will be well-signed with our bold orange RIDE signs.
- Route Support: Route marshals, rest stop hosts, and support vehicle drivers will provide support along the route.
- 12 and under participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
What to Bring
A few common sense suggestions:
- A cell phone for emergencies (recommended but not required)
- Your bike and helmet or walking shoes
- Extra snacks if you have allergies or food sensitivities
- Warm layers with moisture-repelling clothing. Early October weather can be cool, with rain and wind. The weather might also be gorgeous and sunny. So be sure to keep your eye on the forecast.
- A passion for the charity you're walking and fundraising for!
2021 RIDE Photos
Here's a collection of our favourite photos from RIDE 2021 nationwide - special thanks to our many volunteer photographers who sent them in!