Event Day Details
Save the date - RIDE Day is October 5, 2019!
Do you want to participate in the RIDE, but live too far away from an official RIDE location? No problem!
If you have a bike or a pair of shoes and want to be part of the fun, RIDE/WALK Anywhere could be perfect for you.
RIDE/WALK Anywhere all
- The RIDE Anywhere program is for use by teams who are located an hour or more away from an official RIDE site.
9am - Ride or Walk begins
(Bring your own granola bars for rest stops along the way)
10:30 am - take your team out for brunch to celebrate!
- All participants must register online to ensure the online waiver form is accepted during the online registration process.
- Funds should be raised online
- Cash donations can be received and paid in full online through the Enter $$ or Cheques tab in our Fundraising Portal
- Cheques may be mailed with a completed Donation Form and the participant name on the memo line to:
Ride for Refuge
260-659 King Street East
- Everyone loves our groovy, long-sleeved RIDE t-shirts. To ensure you receive yours, raise $150 by September 15 and we will mail it to your team captain.
- For those who reach $150 between September 12 and September 29th, we'll mail a t-shirt to your team captain for you in early October.
- Team Captains are responsible for selecting safe routes.
- We strongly encourage team captains to cycle or drive the route before RIDE Day to ensure all roads are open and safe. Generally speaking, you should select a clockwise direction for safer right-hand turns, controlled access intersections and roads with bike lanes and slower speeds.
Team captains are responsible for ensuring all riders:
- Have registered online and have accepted the online waiver
- Follow the rules of the road
- Confirm that at least one member has a cell phone for emergency contact
What to Bring
- a helmet (mandatory for all riders)
- your bike (or walking shoes!)
- warm layers with moisture repelling clothing if cold or windy
- water bottle - filled with icy cold water
- a cell phone for emergencies
- a passion for the charity you're riding or walking for
Late September can be cool, with rain and wind. The weather might also be gorgeous and sunny. Be sure to keep your eye on the forecast.