RIDE Day Details
Gear up - RIDE Day is September 30, 2017!
The start and finish location will be at:
Hamilton District Christian High School
92 Glancaster Road,
Limited parking is available at school, but parking is also available at Rehoboth United Reformed Church directly across the street.
Here's the schedule for the RIDE:
- 8:45am - Opening Ceremonies
- 9am - RIDE begins (all distances)
- 10am - Registration closes
- 10:30am - Lunch service begins
- There will be snacks at rest stops, and lunch will be available for participants when they return from their ride or walk.
- We are not able to accommodate for food sensitivities/allergies. If you have a dietary restriction, bring along some extra food/snacks.
- All riders, walkers, and volunteers must:
- wear their event wristband once registered
- Participants aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver or bring in a pre-signed waiver form. Download waiver form under the "Tools" section of our website.
- Children 10 and under: Free
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise minimum $75 (and earn the RIDE t-shirt) or pay reg fee
- Adults 18+: Fundraise minimum $150 (and earn the RIDE t-shirt) or pay reg fee
- The average online donation for the RIDE is $68, so it's a reachable goal!
- RIDE T-shirts are available on event day while supplies last and are available in sizes youth small to adult 3XL.
For those who choose to pay the non-refundable registration fee, the cost is $25 before September 15th or $40 after September 15.
MONEY & CHEQUES:
- Log into your personal fundraising page and post all cash and cheque donations online.
- Bring all cash/cheques to registration check-in.
- Print off the MY RESULTS FORM to bring with you.
- If you haven't posted your cash & cheque donations online please ensure that you've carefully and neatly written in all your donor information onto a paper Pledge Sheet to ensure proper receipting and partner allocation. Find these on our "Tools" page. Full mailing addresses are needed to issue charitable tax receipts.
- Please ensure all cheques are signed, are made payable to Ride for Refuge and are current dated.
Route Options Include
- Rest stops will be available on all distances.
- All riders 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Joggers are permitted on the walk route but must head to the front of the group.
What to Bring
- a helmet (mandatory for all riders)
- your bike (or walking shoes!)
- warm layers with moisture repelling clothing if cold or windy
- water bottle - filled with icy cold water
- a cell phone for emergencies - recommended but not required
- your My Results Form - downloaded from the fundraising portal
- a signed copy of your Waiver Form (RIDERS / WALKERS 17 or under must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver form)
- any cash - or cheques made out to "Ride for Refuge"
- extra food or snacks if you have allergies or food sensitivities
- a passion for the charity you're riding or walking for
Late September can be cool, with rain and wind. The weather might also be gorgeous and sunny. Be sure to keep your eye on the forecast.