The RIDE will happen as scheduled on Saturday, October 3, 2020! However, Covid-related health risks and operational challenges won't permit us to assemble in large groups. So instead, we'll gather virtually, self-organizing in smaller, covid-friendly teams or groups as permitted.
Let's keep our RIDE location communities going! Register for the same RIDE location as last year - or, if you are new, register in a location you're within an hour of.
The Grind Pembroke
The Grind Pembroke, a charitable organization, began operations in 2015 in downtown Pembroke, Ontario. Its mission is to serve low- to no-income community members who are at-risk of succumbing to the challenges of social and economic marginalization.
The Grind fulfills its mission through:
- a Coffee House - a safe, non-judgemental environment within which patrons can relax and socialize;
- Outreach Programs to provide patrons with information tools to stabilize their lives and help them become more self-sufficient;
- Shelter Services that arranges emergency accommodations for homeless adults and provides short-term transitional housing for men based on an assisted independent living model.
- a Client Services Office that assists clients who require needs assessment and outreach navigation assistance to appropriate community supports.
- a Community Kitchen to provide meals to homeless and other marginalized community members.
- a Youth Services program that provides hockey and soccer programs to at-risk children faced with the challenges of autism and other developmental issues.