Join us for RIDE for Refuge on Oct 3, 2015 for a family-friendly cycling fundraiser benefitting the displaced, vulnerable and exploited. Click the tabs below for more information about this year's event.
The Japanese Gospel Church of Toronto is the start/finish location for the Toronto East Ride.
Address: 301 Silver Star Blvd (off McNicoll Ave between Kennedy Rd and Midland Ave). NOTE: Silver Star Blvd is divided into sections. You can only access this section off McNicoll.
Parking: Please park at the Brighton Banquet Hall and Convention Centre, formerly the Grand Baccus, at the corner of Silver Star Blvd and McNicoll. They are offering complimentary parking in their lot for all riders and volunteers.
You can drop off bikes at church parking lot and then head over across the street to park at Brighton.
Here's the schedule for the RIDE:
- 8am - Registration opens
- 8:45am - Opening Ceremonies
- 9am - RIDE begins (all distances)
- 9:30am - WALK begins
- 10am - Registration closes
- 10:30am - Lunch service begins
- 2pm - Lunch service ends
- 2:30pm - Route closes
We always have a great lunch for our riders and volunteers and welcome you to linger and enjoy. There are no guarantees of how much food will be left after 2:00pm.
Warning: we are not able to accommodate for food sensitivities/allergies. If you have a dietary restriction, bring along some extra food/snacks. If needed, please bring your epi-pen.
CHECK-IN: All riders, walkers, and volunteers must check-in and sign a waiver form
Participants aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver or bring in a pre-signed waiver form. Download waiver form under the "Tools" section of our website.
REGISTRATION FEE A registration fee of $25 may apply
Participants aged 13 or older who have not successfully raised their minimum fundraising level ($75 for 13-17 year olds and $150 for aged 18 and up), will be asked to pay a registration fee of $25.
MONEY & CHEQUES: Post all of your cash and cheque donations online
Log in to your personal fundraising page and post all cash and cheque donations online. Bring all cash/cheques to registration check in. Print off the the MY RESULTS FORM to bring with you.
- If you haven't posted your cash & cheque donations online please ensure that you've carefully and neatly written in all your donor information onto a paper Pledge Sheet to ensure proper receipting and partner allocation. Find these on our "Tools" page.
- Please ensure all cheques are signed, made payable to Ride for Refuge, and current dated.
Those who raise their minimum fundraising amount are eligible for our gorgeous 10oz cotton 2015 long sleeve RIDE t-shirt (which is - of course - fully accredited by the Fair Labour Association). You're going to love them. RIDE T-shirts are available while supplies last - riders of all ages must raise their minimum to earn a t-shirt (kids aged 12 and under must raise $75).
Route Options Include
- 10 km (6 mile) RIDE
- 25 km (15 mile) RIDE
- 50 km (30 mile) RIDE
- 5 km (3 mile) WALK
For those doing the 50km, you'll be looping the 25km twice.
Rest stops will be available on all distances.
This year for the first time the RIDE is limiting cyclists to 10, 25 or 50km (6, 15 or 30 mile), or 5km walk distances only.
All riders 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
What to Bring
What to Bring
- a helmet (mandatory for all riders)
- your bike (or walking shoes!)
- warm layers with moisture repelling clothing if cold or windy
- water bottle - filled with icy cold water
- a cell phone for emergencies - recommended but not required
- your "My Results Form" - downloaded from the fundraising portal
- a signed copy of your waiver form (RIDERS / WALKERS 17 or under must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver form)
- any cash, or cheques made out to "Ride for Refuge"
- extra food or snacks if you have allergies or food sensitivities
- a passion for the charity you're riding or walking for
October can be cool, with rain and wind. The weather might also be gorgeous and sunny. Be sure to keep your eye on the forecast!
Captain: Michelle de Koning
Raised: $0.00 | Members: 1
Captain: Felicia Fischhoff
Raised: $0.00 | Members: 1